Details about input log file

Dec 1, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Sorry, perhaps I have missed it, but can you provide more details about the input file 'SharePointDBAttachLogFiletoParse.txt'  is this a log file that is created by running the Test-SPContentDatabase command? 

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Yes, it's correct
Actually, It is my bad. I' ll fix the guide because it is not clear at all :)

Thank you.

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM
Edited Dec 8, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Hi

I don't understand how to run the cmd command.exe and put the input parameter report.txt in it. Can you explain how it works? I have put the sharepoint2007migration.console.exe, config and .dll in a folder on the c drive of the moss2007 application server. In your instruction you say: "Run the executable by passing the c:\report.txt file as an input parameter". What do you mean by this? I have the report.txt in the c:\report.txt location. Do I need to run the command from the SQL server or from the SharePoint application server?

And also about the 'SharePointDBAttachLogFiletoParse.txt' . Where is this file located? Where can I find this?

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Hello petervandenberg,
1) After downloading the zip file, unzip it and copy the folder in your SharePoint application server. (ex: c:\SharePoint2007Migration)
2) Copy in c:\SharePoint2007Migration the report file that  was generated from Test-SPContentDatabase (ex: c:\SharePoint2007Migration\SharePointDbAttachLogFileToParse.txt)
3) Open your cmd, navigate to c:\SharePoint2007Migration 
4) run  SharePoint2007Migration.Console.exe SharePointDbAttachLogFileToParse.txt reportFile.txt (you need to run the command with farm administrator privileges)
5) a file named reportFile.txt will be generated. this file contains your report.

 

 

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Hi,

Thanx for your e-mail. This was more clear and I was now able to run the tool...

Now that I run it, I receive the following error message:

[Exception]
Requested value 'SiteOrphan' was not found.
-> StackTrace:
   at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
   at SharePoint2007Migration.BaseIssue.BindProperties(String IssueText)
   at SharePoint2007Migration.IssuesManager.ReportToIssues(String reportText)
   at SharePoint2007Migration.Console.Program.CreateReport(String pathToDbAttach
LogFile)
   at SharePoint2007Migration.Console.Program.Main(String[] args)
Press any key to quit...

 And no reportfile.txt was created..

What does this mean?

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Can you please post your Test-SPContentDatabase generated file?

I will try to replicate your error.

Thank you

 

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Hi,

I would love to post it, but the information contains customer database information... But I found out the cause of this error. Now I receive the following error:

[Exception]
Unable to determine the connection string for your SP2010_Content database
Please make sure that you are running this program into your SharePoint 2007 far
m where the SP2010_Content content database belongs

-> StackTrace:
   at SharePoint2007Migration.Domain.BaseReport.get_ContentDbConnectionString()
   at SharePoint2007Migration.Domain.MissingWebPartReport.GetResolvedWebPartsInf
ormations()
   at SharePoint2007Migration.Domain.MissingWebPartReport.CreateReport()
   at SharePoint2007Migration.Console.Program.CreateReport(String pathToDbAttach
LogFile)
   at SharePoint2007Migration.Console.Program.Main(String[] args)
Press any key to quit...

Am I right that you have to use the excact name in the SP2010 environment as you have used in the Moss 2007 environment? In my case the MOss2007 name was like ' WSS_ContentDatabase' and when I attached the Database in the SP2010 farm I attached it like 'SP2010_Content' ....

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2010 at 4:28 PM
petervandenberg wrote:

Hi,

I would love to post it, but the information contains customer database information... But I found out the cause of this error. Now I receive the following error:

Could you please let me know what was the issue? It would be great if you can share the issue... in this way i will be able to fix it and publish a new release.

 

petervandenberg wrote:

Am I right that you have to use the excact name in the SP2010 environment as you have used in the Moss 2007 environment? In my case the MOss2007 name was like ' WSS_ContentDatabase' and when I attached the Database in the SP2010 farm I attached it like 'SP2010_Content' ....

Yes that is true.
If you can wait i can update the source code, or if you cannot, just open the SharePointDbAttachLogFileToParse.txt and do a manual replace with notepad.

Replace SP2010_Content with WSS_ContentDatabase and re run the command.

 

Cheers

Dec 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM

hi

The reason was this. As said in the error message, "value 'SiteOrphan' was not found.". I then looked in the upgrade logs from SQL and noticed the following error:

"he site definitions with Id 76800 is referenced in the database [NAME DATABASE], but is not installed on the current farm. The missing site definition may cause upgrade to fail. Please install any solution which contains the site definition and restart upgrade if necessary." This site definition which was missing was causing my migration to fail. The reason for this missing site definition was that there were 2 different databases with the same ID. This was cause way back when the second database was created from a backup from the first database and was put in another farm. Because of this migration to SP2010, the two farms will become one. Now there are 2 Databases with the same site definition ID which caused this to fail...

And yes, I couldn't wait.. And yes, now it worked!! Great tool.. Thx!